I am remiss.
I feel guilty. Sad. Torn!!!
I feel like I’ve been a neglectful blog mother to you.
And yet, these last couple of weeks I have been pretty darn busy. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I am teaching a LRN 15o Learning Assessment Workshop class. (And boy howdy – what amazing students I have!)
- I am trying to hire two new important people to work in my department. (Interviews!)
- I am still doing some work on the university’s strategic planning process.
- I am preparing to teach a new class (Introduction to Social Media Communications) – it starts August 3rd. YIKES!
- I am preparing to teach another new class (Peer Mentoring and Coaching for our Education program). It starts in Winter term … seems like January is a long way off, so I probably can take my time. Yeah right!
- I am trying to design an online career services workshop that’s harder than I thought it would be to design – starts July 28th. Double Yikes! YIKES YIKES!
- I am reading several good books. And I have sitting on my nightstand and office desk several more that I want to read.
- I am reading really good articles, including this one titled Beyond Social Networking that summarizes EXACTLY my thoughts about the possibilities of social media for teaching and learning. I wish I had written it, and I am so glad that someone else did because I probably would have never gotten around to it.
- I am wrangling my toddler. (Sometimes that is more work than all of the above, combined!)
- I am gearing myself and my family up for our new used dog, Oscar, to come join us in mid-August. I am just telling you this because I am excited about Oscar, and I like this picture of him:
What can I say? I’ve been busy. Happy, and busy. I promise, blog, that I will do better soon.