Wanna know what I’m totally excited about? I wrote about this earlier, and here we go:
AmeriCorps/VISTA – MARYLHURST UNIVERSITY SERVICE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Marylhurst University Service Program Coordinator will develop and facilitate three service-oriented programs at the University: 1) service-oriented partnerships between the University and other organizations; 2) service-oriented activities for university faculty, staff, and students to participate in, and; 3) service learning curricular offerings for Marylhurst students. Recruiting, training and supervising volunteers will be essential to the success of the program.
Full-time, August 17, 2009 – August 20, 2010
• Identify, develop, and coordinate community service-oriented partnerships for the University.
• Design and implement service-oriented activities for university faculty, staff, alumni, and students to participate in.
• Facilitate the development of service learning curriculum.
• Plan and facilitate University-sponsored, service-oriented event: “Marylhurst University Service Conference.”
OTHER RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and write material for program (forms, brochures and other literature);
• Design appropriate forms, signage and written material for activities (sign-in sheets, directions, etc.);
• Track volunteer information and activities in a database;
• Complete general office duties related to position (mailings, filing, phone calls, community fairs and outreach activities, etc.); limited to 10%.
• Complete and submit in a timely manner all OSSC/AmeriCorps required reports and time sheets.
• Attend OSSC/AmeriCorps sponsored orientation, trainings, meetings and disaster response.
• Collaborate with Center for Learning Technology (CLT) Coordinator and Web Strategist to access and update on-line resources.
• Serve as a representative of the program and present on the program at various venues.
• Participate in identified training and professional development activities.
1. An independent, self-motivated, creative and resourceful individual who enjoys working with diverse groups of people.
2. Experience and/or desire to work in a University setting.
3. Interest and/or experience in recruiting and supporting volunteers for community-service programs.
4. Experience and/or desire to learn event planning.
5. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
7. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and own transportation.
8. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
See Oregon Campus Compact for complete compensation package information.
Director, Center for Experiential Learning & Assessment
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Oregon Campus Compact: www.oregoncampuscompact.org
Melanie Booth, Ed.D.
Director for the Center for Experiential Learning & Assessment
firstname.lastname@example.org / 503-636-3941